Weed brownies need no introduction. They are one of the celebrity cannabis-infused edibles. Not only are they delicious, but weed brownies are highly potent and super easy to make at home. This piece covers the most simplified weed brownies recipe that will only take you 25 minutes maximum to prepare. Additionally, you won’t need expensive ingredients, complicated equipment, or much effort. Sounds good, right?
What is covered in this weed brownies recipe?
- Easy to follow, fool proof, step by step method
- Alternative infusion options (you can infuse cannabis into butter, sugar, oil, concentrates, or use plain decarboxylated weed)
- Tips and tricks to make perfect cannabis brownies
- Answers to your frequently asked questions (FAQs)
You will need:
- Two eggs
- Half a cup of Cannabutter – How to make cannabutter
- One teaspoon of Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- A cup of Brown sugar, white sugar, or both (½ a cup each) depending on your preference. You can also use cannabis sugar.
- A teaspoon of Baking powder
- ¾ cup of flour
- Half a cup of cocoa powder
- Preferred toppings – this is where you get to exercise your creativity. The brownie is your plain canvas in need of some aesthetic touch. You can achieve this with any toppings of your choice. Don’t be shy! You can use anything from chocolate chips to nuts to caramel.
- Two medium-sized bowls
Step by step procedure
- Turn the oven on, set it at 350⁰F, and allow it to preheat as you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Apply grease on the baking pan and set it aside.
- Take the first bowl and mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, and salt).
- In the second bowl, mix the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. Make a creamy blend of the four ingredients.
- Take the bowl with the dry ingredients and add them to the creamy mixture of sugar, vanilla, eggs, and butter. Mix everything together until well incorporated
- Pour and spread it on the greased baking pan.
- This is your chance to add the topping of your choice.
- Once done, put the paste in the oven for 25-35 minutes, depending on its consistency.
- Remove the weed brownie from the oven. It is ready! Let it cool for 30 minutes, then cut it into smaller pieces.
- This step is crucial: don’t forget to enjoy this sumptuous treat!
Expert tips and tricks to make perfect weed brownies
- Always ensure that your cannabutter is at room temperature to allow it to blend seamlessly with the rest of the ingredients.
- For moist, gooey brownies, reduce the quantity of flour from ¾ to ½ a cup.
- To check if the weed brownie is ready, dip a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out with a batter consistency, it needs to go back in the oven.
How can you store your cannabis brownies to ensure a longer shelf life?
Just like any other edible, weed edibles have a shelf life of 7 days maximum. Consequently, they need to be consumed before they go bad or frozen to extend their shelf life.
Different options for infusing cannabis into brownies and any other edible
Did you know that you can infuse cannabis into your edibles in a myriad of other ways apart from cannabutter? Below, we explore four options of sleekly incorporating this magical plant into your cooking adventures.
Cannabis oil/ cannabutter
This is the most common way of infusing cannabis into any cooking/baking recipe. Cannabis oil is similar to cannabutter, only that it is made using carriers like coconut oil, olive oil, and others. Learning the art of making these will help you explore and experiment with numerous cannabis-infused recipes.
Cannabis sugar can also make weed brownies and other edibles like cookies and cakes or added to coffee and tea. To make cannasugar, you will require a tincture and sugar. The final product has a very long shelf-life.
Cannabis concentrates and extracts
Cannabis concentrates and extracts are also a viable option when trying to cook/bake weed-infused edibles. Some concentrates and extracts need to be decarbed, and some are ready to use. Below is a table indicating whether or not a concentrate/extract needs to be decarbed or not.
Decarboxylated cannabis flower
Some individuals prefer incorporating ground cannabis flower or kief in the recipe rather than using cannabutter, cannabis oil, cannabis sugar, or concentrates. If you choose to go with this option, always ensure the weed is decarbed to activate the cannabinoids.
|Concentrate/extract||Needs to be decarbed||Already decarbed|
|Full extract cannabis oil (FECO)||X|
|Rick Simpson Oil (RSO)||X|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the ideal amount of cannabis that one should use to make weed brownies?
The recommended ratio of cannabis to butter/oil is 1:16 ounces. This means that two cups of cannabutter carry 1 ounce of cannabis. This weed brownie recipe requires half a cup of cannabis-infused butter, meaning it contains ¼ ounce of weed. The potency of the final product depends on the THC percentage of the selected strain.
Can I work with a pre-made brownie mix?
Yes. When following the instructions on how to make brownies, substitute the vegetable oil for cannabis oil.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how smelly will my house be from making cannabis brownies?
The answer is, it depends. If you are decarbing the weed first, you can expect a pungent cannabis smell (a solid 10). However, if you have pre-prepared cannabis oil/butter/sugar, expect a less intense weed odor.
Is there a way to increase the potency of my brownies?
Increasing the potency of your brownies can be achieved through either of the following ways;
– Adjust the ratio of cannabis and oil/butter. Instead of 1:16, you can make it 1:8 or 1:4.
– Use both cannabis sugar and cannabutter/oil.
– Adding the highly potent, cannabis concentrates
How long after consuming cannabis brownies will the effects present?
Cannabis edibles have to undergo digestion before THC can be absorbed into the bloodstream. This process takes around 1-2 hours. The effects last between 6-8 hours.
Is there a way I can determine the potency of the final product?
While buying cannabis flowers or concentrates, ensure you identify the potency. This way, it will be possible to guesstimate the strength of the final weed brownies. There are tons of online resources that can help with the estimation of the potency of your weed brownies.